Friday, April 10, 2009

I met Paula Deen!



Can you believe I have only been in Georgia for a day or so, and I already have met a celebrity?! It's true! Today we went to a book signing for Paula Deen. She is a famous chef and even has her own television show. She is from Savannah, which is another city in Georgia, but she was in Atlanta today.

Guess what?! (This is so exciting!) SHE recognized ME right away! I was so flattered! (I may have even blushed a little.) When Karen held me up, Paula Deen was like, "Oh, it's Flat Stanley!" Can you believe that?

Anyway, Paula Deen and her husband were very nice. Kate got her children's cookbook, and she really seems to like it. Paula has a famous restaurant down in Savannah. It is called The Lady and Sons. You should check it out if you are ever in the area.

What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment